Friday, March 27, 2009

Amazon Kindle 2

Loving the new Amazon Kindle 2! Rocky got me one for my birthday and I just have to say...it's awesome! If you like to read...it's a MUST! I downloaded my first book last night. Everyone at school is going on and on about the "Twilight" series, so I broke down and decided to give it a read.
At first, I thought I would miss the "physicalness" of holding a book, but I really haven't. In fact, it's kinda nice because you don't have to worry about holding the pages down and using a bookmark to keep your place. It's not as much like reading off a computer screen as I thought it was going to be. Plus, you can order covers for them (mine is on the way) that sorta make it "booklike."
So let me describe the awesomeness of the Kindle...
1. You never have to plug it in to the computer...everything is downloaded wirelessly. So COOL! So like if you're traveling, or just sitting somewhere bored and you don't have any reading material...you can just go to the Kindle store (on your Kindle) and download a book right then...no shipping, no waiting and BOOM, in less than a minute you've got yourself a brand new book to read. (Oh, and did I mention you can download magazines, blogs, newspapers, etc.)
2. Since the Kindle is equipped with a wireless chip, you can go to internet sites, send and receive documents, etc.
3. That's all I've discovered so far...but there are probably more features. I'll keep you posted as new discoveries occur! :)

So, I'm thinking they should hire me as a spokesperson. What do you think? :)


No comments: