Sunday, March 7, 2010

Here Comes...JOHNNY!






Just returned from a rockin' weekend! The concert was great...I lost count of how many guitars he played. I think Rocky even enjoyed it...though he probably won't admit to that. The pre-show was probably the highlight for him - Michael Franti and Spearhead.
He said that he could tell I was enjoying myself because I had a permanent grin on my face the whole time...I was a giddy little school girl! Of course I did...it's nice to just let loose sometimes.
I was, however, bummed that JM did not sing my favorite song off his new CD, "Edge of Desire," but he did play a really awesome rendition of "Ain't No Sunshine."

Anyway...though Mayer has a broad fan-base...in that there are people of all ages...the "older" fans are the minority...so I came back feeling kinda old...that can't be possible though! Heck, 32 (almost) is still a youngster...right?

So the concert was birthday present #1 to myself...as if that weren't enough, I bought myself another present today...Seasons 1 & 2 of "How I Met Your Mother." I love that show! It makes me laugh OUT LOUD! (And not with my eyes closed...a little inside joke, HAHA!)

The best part was getting away with my hubby for some MUCH needed alone time. We don't do it nearly often enough. Thanks hon'!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll admit the concert was very entertaining. I enjoyed the entire experience...but most of all I enjoyed spending time with Kary. Life is short and should be spent doing the things you love with the people you love. Watching Kary with her "school girl grin" was priceless. Watching the couple two rows down from us was disgusting!!! Get a room please!!!!! My age became a reality when the concert was going strong at 10:30 and I was yawning. In the words of JM "someone stop this train"!!!