Wednesday, June 23, 2010

King Eli Tut

Our next art project: The Death Mask

Showing his new books to Daddy

King Eli Tut
The obsession continues..;)

We visited the library today where Eli came away with some new books about Egypt (he also mixed in a few other NON-FICTION books - he's very specific that his books be non-fiction, so he also got a book about volcanoes and sharks, but mainly they were all Egytion-related)...so when we got home he fashioned this little King Tut get-up (seriously, I helped him put it together, but it was all HIS idea)!
Before I knew it, him and Noah both were dressed up and King Eli Tut was ordering around his "servant." King Eli Tut informed his servant that "he had to do what he said because he gives him food, water, and AIR!" I thought he was just being funny, but when I asked him about the air part, he went into a scientific explanation of these things they use underground to breathe. I think this kid may be smarter than me!
His first book of choice to explore was a book that shows you how to make all things Egytian...so I guess my next summer project is to help him build a Death Mask. Good thing I like art projects...this thing has us scultping clay and doing decopauge'! Should be interesting!
Oh, Eli...gotta love him! He makes our lives intersting, that's for sure!

No comments: