One of the goals that I had for myself this summer was to learn how to bake a pie from scratch. It's something I've always wanted to do...just forgot that I wanted to do it...then didn't have time to do it...soooo, summer break seemed like the perfect time to experiment! I enlisted a cohort, Madison, to join me in my adventure!
It took us a couple of tries to get the pie dough the right consistency and our meringue wasn't as fluffy as I had hoped...but now we will be pros when the holidays roll around to make the perfect pie!
We concluded our adventure with some pretty tasty pies...but the best part for me was getting to experience this "first" with a great gal! Thank you for sharing this with me, Madison! I hope you had as much fun as I did. What's next on the menu? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment