Friday, October 24, 2008

Eli-ism

The boys are just growing up way too fast these days! I've been clinging on to the last little bit of "baby" I can still find in Eli for as long as possible...so I tend to baby him a lot more, pick him up when I can (amazingly I can still do that considering he's almost 5...he's such a scrawny little shrimp)! Well, usually he reluctantly agrees to let me carry him to bed at night (I figure I can squeeze in a few extra hugs this way). The other night, I was getting ready to put him to bed and I was talking to him about how big he was getting and asking him if he was still my baby and how I wanted him to stop growing and stay my baby forever...so after a few minutes of this went on, I guess he finally got tired of it and said,"Just stop worrying about it and put me to bed!"
He might have left another piece of "baby" behind with that matter-of-fact statement!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so funny! Yeah, I agree. Sounds like he moved further away from babyhood. it's okay. You have a classroom full of babies....that was a joke. LOL