I decided I needed more "therapy"...so here I am blogging again, alone on a Saturday night (a very rare occassion.)
I just got finished emailing Vicki and Maria because I just had to tell them what a big mistake I had just made...it goes something like this:
I was on the computer, looking at some old pics of the fam that I hadn't seen in awhile, already feeling a bit emotional, looking at how little the boys were and how time is going like warp speed and they're shooting up like lightening bolts right before my eyes...anyway, I was feeling nostalgic, nevertheless, so I decided to pull out all my Vicki DVD's (DVD's Vicki has put together for me over the years...some of the best presents I've ever gotten, by the way - DVD's include: Pics of the boys with Madison and Grant - Christmas DVD for Larry and Shirley, My 30th Birthday, and our program (PAT) DVD.) So while I was watching them I was working on some school stuff for next week...
What a sight I must have been (I'm glad I was here by myself)...so I'm watching our PAT DVD, and the last song comes on..."When you look back on all the times we had, I hope you smile..." (I think it's a Carrie Underwood song) and all the pics of Maria, Vicki and myself start flashing up on the screen I lost it! So here I am, scissors in hand, shredding little, yellow strips of paper for an art project, boo-hooing like a big baby! What a WHACKO! Anyway, I just had to email them right away and tell them how much I miss them!
I'm truly in a different world right now compared to where I was then...but I have started to appreciate the simple things...
For instance, on Fridays at Tate it's jean and Sonic day. I never thought I would ever get so excited about Sonic! But my Diet Coke from Sonic is truly the highlight of my day on Fridays! Sad, I know!
I think I'll end on that note...hey, it's a lot more positive than I have been as of late, right!
(I talked to Kim (my sis) this afternoon, she had read my previous blog and told me I sounded depressed, so I thought I better lighten the mood a little! :)
1 comment:
Appreciating a Sonic drink is a great place to start. I miss getting one every morning too. I've resorted to coke machines at school. Why is it we have to loose something to appreciate what we had? I've seen this in my life a lot. (through the years) I often try to remind myself to live in the moment instead of always looking for something better to come along. Somedays it works and other days....I'm hanging over the fence admiring someone else's pasture. LOL
I didn't realize how many dvd's I made. I have an awesome program now with my new Mac. If you have any Christmas needs, let me know. I think it's what i'm doing this year for my gifts.
Post a Comment