When I was young, I was one of those girls who kept a journal and logged all the important events, moments, thoughts and feelings in a cute little bound notebook of sorts. I still have them and it's so funny to go back and read them now. As an adult, I have always wanted to have some type of written documentation of my life, my family, my friends, my work...but who has the time!
I went to a conference once presented by Dr. Wallace Goddard, a.k.a. Wally, (who is awesome, by the way!) who spoke about "savoring the moments" and how finding your purpose, passion and happiness in life is directly related to the things in life that move you. So simple, yet true. Dr. Wally spoke of how he decided he would start writing down and savoring all these "moments" in his life and it has become years and years of these savored moments collected in numerous dayplanners.
I've received several links to blogspots from friends who are blogging and have always enjoyed reading about the important moments in their lives. I recently got a link to a blog from my friend, Amy in Florida and decided there's no time like the present to start fufilling my goal, and the best part of it is that I can share my "savored moments" with all of you!
3 comments:
Yeah for you! I am doing it for exactly that reason (and for my in-laws)! You go girl!
Love,
Amy
I love it! I want to do one of these too! Maybe we could have an inservice and you could teach me how to do this.
Maria
Can't wait to see pictures on here!
I'm impressed! What a great idea. This is a excellent way for us to stay connected even though we're not seeing each other everyday at work. Think I'll get me one too! :)
Post a Comment