Monday, June 9, 2008
Looking Back, Looking Ahead
Most of you know that I'm going through some changes with my job and will be starting a new job next school year.
Over the past few weeks, we have worked on bringing our program to a close...finishing reports, packing up our office, and saying our 'good-bye's' to the parents and children who have become such a part of our lives. Vicki has even been working on a DVD keepsake for all of us. It gets me choked up everytime I see it (it's awesome...come by and see it sometime)!
But I think the hardest part of saying goodbye to the past seven years of my work is saying goodbye to the two women that I have worked alongside for all these years. They are and have been more than co-workers to me. They are truly two of my closest friends. We've laughed together in good times, cried together in hard times, and prayed together...many times!
I know without a doubt that God blessed me with my job. In so many ways, I have seen God's hand upon me. As hard as it is to change and begin something new, I know that He is in control and wherever I end up, it is according to His purpose and plan for my life.
It seems like when people part and go their separate ways, they lose touch. People get busy with their new endeavors, family, and, well...life! I hope that we all can conquer the odds and stay close. Though I know we probably won't see each other as much or talk to each other as much (it will be so weird not to come in every morning and see you guys everyday...what will I do without our "Monday Morning Chat Sessions?"), but I want both of you to know that I will always treasure our friendship. You'll never know how much it has meant to me. I wish you both the very best that life has to offer! Vicki, I can't wait to see you at your graduation...I'm marking my calendar for four years from now!
Thank you both...for everything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment