Sunday, June 8, 2008

Phase 10 Challenge

So Rocky and I have been bonding over a new game lately...Phase 10, it's sort of like Rummy. Shawn and Kim introduced us to this game recently and we've enjoyed reliving the old days of game nights that we used to have when we were a few teeny-boppers just dating. The problem is, I'm in a bit of a Phase 10 slump. The first time I played, I stomped everyone! But since then, it's just gotten worse and worse. Rocky has become the self-proclaimed "Phase 10 Champ" and knows how to "needle" me the right way to bring out a very, ugly competitve side that I didn't know exsisted until now! So now I'm thinking that it must be because we're playing 2 player, so the cards just aren't getting distributed as well, therefore leaving me with hands that just do nothing for me each time.
This brings me to my "Phase 10 Challenge"...
I'm looking for people to help me bring down the "Phase 10 Champ." If I can't do it myself, I'll settle for second best! So if anyone wants to join us in a riveting card game sometime, give us a call. I'll even feed you dinner (dessert will follow if you can help bring Rocky down)!
I look forward to hearing from you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phase 10 Champ here, warning anyone considering to take the "challenge" think twice!! I've mastered this game, poor Kary!!

The "Champ"

My greatest Phase 10 memory: Finishing all 10 Phases before Kary had finished two. Sweet!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like achallange to me. Count Donny and I in! Name the day and time. We'll be there to take the champ down!!! :)