I can't believe it! I actually met and exceeded my summer running goal today!
My original goal was to jog .60 of a mile without stopping to walk (the distance down and back up our driveway) at least once out of my total walking/running mileage. Well, tonight, I actually ran a total of 1.8 miles! Rocky is my witness...he was right there with me, pushing...I mean, cheering me on! (Really, he is my biggest and most encouraging supporter! We really enjoy getting outside and running together when we can...though we don't normally talk much, at least we can spend time together.) Not only that, I actually upped my total mileage from 2.4 to 3.0 miles.
Although my legs may be so sore that I may not be able to walk tomorrow...it was worth it! I really NEVER thought I would be able to run that far EVER, but especially two weeks into summer vacation. But I've been pushing myself harder and harder each time...in hopes that one day I can keep up with Rocky! :)
1 comment:
WOW! I'm impressed. Way to go. Hey, if gas keeps going up, you can jog to work... :) Congrats on your accomplishment.
Post a Comment