I've been enjoying a new CD my hubby got me recently, John Mayer's, Where the Light Is, Live in Los Angeles. I wasn't going to buy it for myself, so he offerred and I took him up on it...and I'm really glad I did. I wasn't going to buy it because I looked at the songs and I had most of them, besides the Trio's songs on other CD's, so I wasn't expecting the songs to be that different, but surprisingly, I've been delighted to listen to some of his old songs in a new way and get to know some new ones too! (A treat for a JM fan like myself!) Not only that, but the songs are much more "musical" on this CD (probably because it's a live version)...not so "radio-ized."
It's a 2-disc CD broken up really uniquely...the first CD is a set list of five acoustic recordings followed by a thirteen song set of John Mayer Trio songs. I'm really lovin' the acoustic songs...especially "Neon" (an oldy, but an awesome all acoustic version), and then there's "In Your Atmosphere," and "Free Fallin"...JM style. When I'm in the mood to really "groove" (usually when the kids aren't in the car...it hypes them up too much...), I'm lovin the trio's "Good Love is on the Way," "Who Did You Think I Was," and "Vultures."
The second CD is band sets of songs of JM's Continuum CD and some of his more popular older songs, but again...much more musical with lots of guitar! There's also a new one that I hadn't heard before that I'm really getting into..."I Don't Need No Doctor." It's hilarious to listen to the kids sing along with that chorus!
Give it a listen sometime...
Anyway...thanks again hon'!
1 comment:
I can see you driving 540 singing your heart out! I'm going to miss our cd exchanges. We still need to do that.
Post a Comment