Thursday, July 10, 2008

Preschool Preface

So, today I went out to my new "home" at Tate to meet with my new colleague at the preschool. There's so much work to be done! We're starting from scratch, so everything has to be picked out and ordered...it's so overwhelming. I'm glad we're doing it together though, it makes it much more manageable. We spent the better part of the day today going through catalogs and referring to our lists of requirements...very specific requirements, I might add...down to table, chair and shelf height.
My class will be in one of the former kindergarten rooms that were added on to Tate a couple of years ago (last room on the right of the kindergarten/1st grade hall to be exact...just in case you want to come by sometime!) I'm sure the teacher (Mrs. Perry, I think) that's getting kicked out is so bummed because the room is pretty awesome. A huge storage closet, cabinets, counters, sink, water fountain, bathroom...all in-house! A perfect set up for little ones. And though the room is really great, I can't imagine how I'm going to have room for all the stuff "they" want you to have. I'll get it together eventually, I hope!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear you are finally moving forward! All though I can see how it would be overwhelming, at least you get to buy all new stuff! Wonder what they'll do with all the PAT stuff? So what days will you be there? I want to come see it. Who did they hire for aides? And why wouldn't God give you the best room in the school? He is the rewarder of those who deligently seek him. ENJOY the gift!

Kary said...

Good to hear from you, stranger!
I'm still planning to use what I can from our stuff...we had to order the major stuff (tables and chairs, shelves, etc.) and we'll have to order some other odds and ends...you should see the list, it's crazy! I haven't heard who they hired for aides...Kristy didn't know either and Mrs. Allen wasn't there the day we were up there so I don't know?!?
My contract starts Aug.4, so I should be there pretty much from then on.
Give me a call when you get a minute...we need to do lunch again!
I'm playing "Where in the world is Maria" :) Everytime I drive by her house, Sully's truck hasn't moved. They must still be on the road!

3 wonderful gifts said...

It's a small world now isn't it? I know Mrs. Perry and yes that was her room she told them it was ok if she had to move it didn't bother her any. My daughter plays softball with her daughter along with Mrs. Allens daughter you are going to love working at Tate. The teachers there are great if my kids went to Vb schools instead of Cedarville then I would want them to go to Tate.