Grandpa Pike and Grandma Clara invited us over recently to make a tasty summer treat! Grandma Clara had prepared cupcakes ahead of time and created a huge display of goodies to use for decorating them. Everything from sprinkles to crushed Oreos, to gummy bears and M & M's, not to mention Skittles and animal cookies too! WOW! The kids didn't know where to start there were so many choices...it didn't take long though. Of course, Eli had to sample all the decorations before he could really concentrate on putting them on his cupcake! The kids even got to mix up their own icing colors using food coloring. Everyone (including the adults) really got into the creative spirit!
We all had a great time and even did a bit of experimenting when we tried to figure out what color icing we could make if we combined all our leftover icing colors...turns out, it made avocado green! (Grandma surprised us with a chocolate cake this weekend iced with our created concoction. ;)
What a blessing for Noah and Eli to be able to spend a special afternoon with their great grandparents!
Thanks G & G Robinson!
1 comment:
what a huge blessing for you and your boys! I would love it if I could still decorate cupcakes with my Grandma pool. We both could wear our white go-go boots! I'm surprised the icing concotion didn't turn out black! Careful, I think your grandparents are out to sabatage your figure. j/k
Post a Comment